Issues using contextual menus on macOS guests

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by Alan16, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Alan16

Alan16 Bit poster

I want to provide some feedback on using Parallels with a macOS guest. My system includes an Apple wireless tablet, and I use control-click to bring up a contextual menu or popup. I found this operation unreliable until I configured the VM to optimize keyboard and mouse "for games". Specifically, control-click often did not bring up a menu or popup unless I lengthed the duration of the "click". Also, a plain click would not dismiss the popup when it should, although control-click sometimes did, and command-click always did. Also, some pop up menus appeared only briefly and then disappeared.

The need to "optimize for games" is surprising, as these gestures are standard macOS behavior and have nothing to do with gaming. In addition, I am now stuck with having to click into and Control-Option the mouse out of the virtual screen, which is annoying and, as far as I know, unrelated to the problem I was trying to solve.