Issues with multiple FIFA games on M1 MacBook Air Win 11

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by tom.adrian, Jun 2, 2022.

1. tom.adrian

tom.adrian Bit poster

Hi everyone,

I am a big fan of retro FIFA games. Recently I switched from my MB Pro 2017 with Windows 10 to a new M1 MB Air 2020, 16GB RAM and Windows 11 - Parallels Desktop 17. After setting up Windows 11 and installing FIFA 08, 09, 10, 13, 16 and 17 (the latter three via Origin), I found out that non of these games seem to work.
    FIFA 08 and 10 start, the menus look fine, sound works as well but once I enter a game the screen turns either black or pink. The other FIFA titles I mentioned aren't even opening.
    I tried the following:
    - All variations of starting the games in Compatibility Mode
    - All kinds of graphics settings in the respective games and in Parallels

So far no luck. Does anyone have another suggestion what I could do to open and run these games?
    Could it be an issue involving DirectX? Are the old DirectX versions included in the old FIFA titles not supported anymore?

2. JoannaM

JoannaM Bit poster

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having black screen issues in a game where one recommended solution is to turn Game Mode off, but Game Mode isn't appearing under Game Bar in Window 10's settings. I imagine this is a feature not available to non-Activated Windows users, like those of us accessing Windows 10 via Parallels? Wondering if you found anything that might help me, and if Game Mode settings (if available to you) might help your case if it's still broken. Thanks!