Issues with network disconnecting

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by ShawnF2, Oct 27, 2021.

1. ShawnF2

ShawnF2 Bit poster

I've been running Parellels for many moons so not newbie to configuring my needs. I like to have my Parallels setup (windows VM) on the same 10.0.0.x subnet as our network. Been configuring it this way for years. I do that configuring on the VM client side in network settings. I then bridge to my wired connection on my MBA M1. I've also tried configuring it as Shared Network (recommended) with the same following behavior.

One I reboot the network is happy and is so for about an hour. Eventually the network goes dead for the VM and cannot pin anything. A look at the config and nothing has changed but I'll assume the stack crashed.

I understand this version of Window10 is a beta/developers model for M1 needs. I'm not saying this is a fault of Parallels but has anyone else had this issue and/or know of resolution? Is it related to M1, current build an/or Microsoft Developers vision of Win10?

Win10 VM = 64bit ARM Dev version 21354.1
    Parallels: 17.1.0 with latest tools installed
    Apple: Big Sur 11.6

Thx.

2. ChuckL2

ChuckL2 Bit poster

I don't have any help to provide but I'm experiencing the same issue on an Intel Mac and have been for at least 2 Parallels versions. Currently on:
    Windows 10 Pro 21H1
    Parallels: 17.1.0
    macOS Monterey 12.0.1