Just installed 3.0. How do I get the windows program icons to show individ on Dock?

tkjazzer

Member
Hello,

The only thing I miss (aka can't figure out how to do) is the programs currently open in windows USED to show individually on my Mac "dock."

Now, they do not.

Is there a setting to show open programs running in parallels to show up on the dock like versions before 3.0 did?

Thank you!

ex - i have a dictionary I use in windows, I used to just be able to do 1 click on the doc and parallels would come to front And the dictionary would come to front of windows.

Now I have to do more than 1 click, click parallels icon, click mimized dictionary in windows bar, etc.

Thank you in advance!
 
Last edited:
I'm wondering that as well. They often seem to go away shortly after the wondows program launches.
 
Here are some notes I made after the update. I hope they help.

Please, check your configuration settings.
When your VM is on, before Windows has started, click "Configuration" -> "Shared applications".
Find "Show in dock" option and choose "Always".


Note:
If the dock icons don’t appear or disappear later----- trash the windows applications folder in the user’s ---library--parallels folder and restart parallels and they will begin to reappear.

Parallels will rebuild the folder as each application is opened
 
I just might have to try the second option. It is alerady configured to show as "always" and it still did not work.
 
Back
Top