Kaspersky Not Updating

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ramonekalsaw, Jun 19, 2007.

1. ramonekalsaw

ramonekalsaw Member

As of yesterday I've been getting the warning to update my virus signatures using Kaspersky, but when I do Update Now I keep getting "Connection to update source cannot be established."

Any suggestions? I feel quite vulnerable at the moment.

Also, is Kaspersky time limited? I purchased Parallels in the beginning of May 2007. How long is Kaspersky good for until I have to decide whether or not to purchase?

Thanks.

2. ariell

ariell Member

Actually, I don't know if it ever ends (it doesn't say it does), and I'm not familiar with your problem either (I know that it told me to update the signatures, but when I update it, it seems to want another update shortly afterwards anyway, so I ignore it often). Don't feel vulrerable. It's only a few new viruses, and unless you open email attachments from untrustworthy people, I doubt you will have a problem.

On the note of Kaspersky, I don't feel I'm getting smart protection. Either I can have it warn me any time the computer does anything or it ignores everything... Right now it ignores some stuff, and for other areas, it asks me for everything, but I don't know if I'm really protected well... Norton is not an option, however, because it messes up the computer when you try to install/uninstall or disable, it is not a good program (norton 2005 on the windows next to the mac refuses to let me change the settings to allow network communications so I often disable it), etc...

3. ramonekalsaw

ramonekalsaw Member

Thanks for the feedback.

4. ramonekalsaw

ramonekalsaw Member

Internet connection is choking

It appears that I'm not getting Kaspersky updates because my internet connection via Parallels seems to be choking.

I'm getting good internet connectivity on my Mac OSX and BootCamp partitions so I'm not sure why Parallels is having this problem.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?

Thanks.

5. Victor

Victor Member

I am starting to get messages about Kaspersky expiring in a few days.

6. JTLaud

JTLaud Junior Member

It's only a 6-month license. The software will continue to work afterwards, but you can't download any new updates.

7. fromans

fromans Member

If you have a 3rd party firewall, or Windows Firewall, make sure it is not blocking Kaspersky from updating. If you installed Kaspersky in May then it shouldn't expire until at least November.