Kaspersky -unable to activate proactive defense ?

docpark

Bit poster
I just upgraded to 4.0, and Kasperksy keeps flagging me for inability to activate Proactive Defense -I try to enable but no go? Any suggestions? Also, keep getting requests to activate web support. The privacy defense just recently allowed enable after several days of not allowing it.

thanks
 
No Kaspersky -just Parallels Internet Security

All I see on Control Panels is the Paralels Internet Security -again -proactive defense not enabling
 
Same problem

I have had the same problem and in addition do not get a response when I click on the support link in Internet Security. To compound the problem when I tried to open a request for support at the link included in this thread I could not submit anything because "all required fields" were not filled even though they were.
 
reinstalled Internet Security

I finally reinstalled Internet Security and the problem is solved - Proactive Defense is nowhere to be seen! No error message, no list of it under the components of Internet Security. ???
 
thanks will try

will try reinstalling. I will have to comment that the upgrade process was NOT smooth with previous virtual machines -consider myself a fairly adventurous user and willing to click yes to all the zillion dialogue boxes that came up or didn't come up. Also, the SP3 upgrade did something -haven't put my finger on it. I know it's not Parallels fault.
 
Same problem with Proactive Defense

I have had the same problem as above, also I too found the process of updating rather harrowing and have been with Parallels since 2.5 so not a newbie. I eventually got the process to work - but must admit was starting to wish I hadn't bought the upgrade, but 'jumped ship' to the other leading emulator.
 
I really should add that the upgrade went very well overall with the exception of proactive defense and network/internet connections that I had originally anyway - networks are always difficult it seems. I rarely use Windows anymore but find Parallels does a great job.
 
have same issue with ProActive Defense

I too have upgraded recently and found this upgrade to be very very troub;esome and wish I had bought the competitor instead. I have been with Parallels since the beginning of it on a mac and have upgareded many times and I would not recommend this upgrade to anyone.

My mac has a funky battery so it will just poweroff when the battery reaches a certain level (no warnings). It did this with Parallels open and trashed my windows installation. I then needed a Windows install CD (that took awhile to find as I was on a training course and needed the laptop working). I then ran recovery on the CD and then used the DOS prompt t o run CHKDSK. IT checked the disk, found an issue. I then rebooted and it worked again - 3 hours after trying to turn the thing on.

My Proactive Defense still has this issue. How do it uninstall it? Is there a special way?

BTW I upgraded as the one program that didn't work previously should now work with the direct x stuff but it still doesn't work properly.

Tony
 
Back
Top