KB suggestion: let us browse by Parallels Desktop version

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by riddle, Dec 22, 2008.

1. riddle

riddle Junior Member

I've just upgraded from Parallels Desktop for Mac 2.x to 4.0. I'm having trouble using the Knowledge Base because the articles are an undifferentiated jumble of 2.x, 3.x and 4.x entries. The Search function does let one specify a version but I don't see a coherent way to browse articles specific to 4.0.

Or am I wrong? The closest I've been able to find is this page:

http://kb.parallels.com/en/products/index.html?id=86

(This was particularly problematic for me because the 3.5->4.0 upgrade experience was so bad. I was seeing symptoms not covered in the standard troubleshooting guide and struggling through the KB and Forums desperately trying to find a match. From where I sit it looks to me like you guys rushed 4.0 to market without getting the bugs out of the upgrade process, including the documentation. I'm extremely unhappy. But that's another discussion.)

Thanks.

2. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Leaving the search query blank and selecting from the "Product:" drop down menu the product and the version gives all articles that relate to the chosen version of the program.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008
  3. riddle

riddle Junior Member

Thanks for the tip

Specimen, thanks for the tip.

That's better than nothing, but it's still not what I would have epxected, a browsable hierarchy of well-organized articles.