"="-key on number pad not working correctly in guest OS (Win)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MichaelB13, Jun 8, 2016.

1. MichaelB13

MichaelB13 Bit poster

Hi there!
    I'm having the problem that when I work in a virtual machine (usually either Win7 or 10, doesn't really matter as it happens with both) I cannot use the "=" key next to num lock on the extended keyboard (Apple). I am using the German keyboard layout, both in Windows and MacOS. It works perfectly on the Mac side but in the VM, pressing "=" will generate "´´" instead. All the other keys of the number pad are producing the expected results.
    I have contacted Parallels support before about this but unfortunately their suggestions were pretty useless (as always). In general, they just like to close support tickets when they can't fix a problem (or keep it open for years without working on it).
    So, has anyone of you had a similar problem and maybe even found a solution?
    Cheers,
    Michael

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @MichaelB13,
    Please change appropriate Keyboard layouts in Parallels Desktop for Mac, refer this.

3. MichaelB13

MichaelB13 Bit poster

I've done that before. As suggested by Parallels Support before. It does not help, neither in Win 7, now in Win 10. That was the point where the ticket got closed last time as you basically said "It's not us, it's Windows. Use an english keyboard instead a German one". Both is basically not true. So, any other suggestions?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi MichaelB13, could you share a screenshot of the keyboard type you have it on Mac side?

5. MichaelB13

MichaelB13 Bit poster

[​IMG]
    It's the usual standard setup. Keyboard is a standard Apple extended keyboard, set to ISO (European). The keyboard and number pad work flawlessly on the Mac side.

6. Guna@Parallels

Guna@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello MichaelB13,
    It seems like Windows keyboard layout and Mac keyboard layout mis match. Here is the work around to resolve it.
    Note: Make sure the input method contains (Apple)-Parallels ending
    Eg: German (Apple)-Parallels

Thanks,
    Guna

7. MichaelB13

MichaelB13 Bit poster

It is already set this way in Windows. Input method for the keyboard is Geman (Apple) - Parallels.
    Still I get the ´´ instead of the =.