Keyboard layout problems with remote desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mrutter, Sep 23, 2009.

1. mrutter

mrutter Member

Hi everybody, I have a problem with PD4, Windows Vista as guest OS (Italian).

When I connect to a remote Windows server using RDP client (Microsoft Remote Desktop) the keyboard layout on the server switches to EN (English) instead of keeping IT (Italian).

Once I'm logged in the server, if I select the Italian keyboard layout then, a few seconds after, it automatically switch back to EN.

In Windows I have two keyboards: Italian and Italian (Apple). Italia (Apple) is the selected one. If I try to switch to Italian then it switch back to Italian (Apple).

I'm not sure but I think that this problem started to appear after I installed Apple Boot Camp drivers (needed to iSight integrated webcam to be recognized by Windows).

In some other posts I read about people who had problems with Apple keyboard.

Does someone have any suggestion for this issue?

Thank you.
    MR

2. mrutter

mrutter Member

Hello, pheraps I resolved the issue by myself.
    I opened Regional and Language Options (in Control Panel), Keyboard and Languages, General.
    I removed Italian (Apple) input language. So the only input language is Italian (without Apple).

The keyboard works fine both in the guest OS (Windows Vista) and on the remote server where I'm connected to (thru Remote Desktop).

Kind regards,
    MR