keyboard problem: ctrl + z not working

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by tadejv, Jul 12, 2017.

1. tadejv

tadejv Bit poster

I have a macbook with mac os 10.12.4 installed and I'm using parallels 12 to run windows 10.
    In macOs I have keys modified in the settings so that the ctrl key it command and command is ctrl.
    When I am using windows 10 in parallels I am using the default windows profile for keyboard and everything works (ctrl + a, ctrl + c, ctrl + v, ctrl + x, ctrl + y ..) except ctrl + z. If I use command + z the undo triggers but not with ctrl + z.

I don't understand why. Bellow are the pictures of the key modifier and windows profile.

Can anybody help?

Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 14.48.46.png Screen Shot 2017-07-12 at 14.54.53.png

Edit:
    I made some more test and different send osx system shortcuts settings make no difference.
    And ctrl + y works for redo only undo doesn't work.
    Also when I use coherence mode where you can see the upper bar from macosx I can see that pressing ctrl +z triggers the undo command and if I press it manually with a mouse it doesen't undo. (tested in notepad and visual studio 2017). So I am guessing there has to be a problem with the undo command itself or something?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    MijoB likes this.
  2. StephanT3

StephanT3 Bit poster

Same Issue here. I have to switch between osx and Windows, so its horrible to decide two different shortcuts.

3. MijoB

MijoB Bit poster

I have the exact same issue. It's very annoying since "undo" is used heavily in software development. ;)
    Are there any workarounds for this?

4. RainerU

RainerU Bit poster

If you have a German keyboard layout then the problem is due to the switched Z and Y keys.
    Add a mapping form CMD-Y to CTRL-Y, then CMD-Z works.

MarcoH8 and MartinB26 like this.
  5. FredericP2

FredericP2 Bit poster

I ave similar issue with visual studio : it's in my case, it's cmd+Z that is not correctly mapped
    This combinaison quit visual studio (=cmd+Q).
    Seems that a keyboard mapping bug

6. MarcoH8

MarcoH8 Bit poster

thank you so much that's it!!!!!!