keyboard

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Android' started by rinusripsus, Aug 14, 2012.

1. rinusripsus

rinusripsus Bit poster

Why is it so difficult to have more keyboard layout options? Now, I can only chose between us and japanese.
    Product is useless and native keyboard lacks a lot of windows keys.

2. woqz

woqz Hunter

I checked my client, those seem to be the current options within it. It might be a good idea to maybe submit this as a feature request if you really need a new layout. You could contact 2X support if you feel so strongly about it.

3. jpc

jpc Pro

The latest android client has updated the keyboard layouts and added a number different ones in the process.

4. frontier

frontier Guest

I have the exact same problem in the latest version - symbols etc are sent incorrectly because the used country code isn't available in the app. This wasn't a problem in previous versions which just sent the local phone key to the controlled pc...

I'm using a Danish phone to remote controlling a pc with Danish charset selected (running English charset in 2x client).

5. jpc

jpc Pro

@frontier: you should still be able to use the "Legacy US Keyboard" to replicate the behaviour of the older client's keyboard.

I would still suggest to file a feature request with their support team since they may consider to expand the available keyboard layouts.

6. genermcmillan

genermcmillan Bit poster

The latest android key board having a wide application short cuts ..try it...

7. rinusripsus

rinusripsus Bit poster

Sorry, but we have moved away from 2X completely as it fails in too many ways.
    Color and keyboard control are two fundamental issues you can't wait till maybe there will come a fix.
    Same for 2X OS.
    Pitty, I had hoped it to be a good Citrix alternative, but you get what you pay for I believe.