Lagging on "installing devices"

Ironham

Bit poster
I found other threads talking about the XP installation lagging on installing devices at 30-something minutes. I found the solution of setting the speed of something (dont remember what its called) to disabled. This didnt work. Also, i tried creating both an iso and dmg but these did not fix the problem.

I am using a new Macbook (less than a month old) with leopard, intel.
Parallels desktop 3
A liscensed copy of Windows XP SP1a that came with a dell computer
 
Found the problem
if anyone else has the problem, heres the answer
(well, if you have an xp cd)
Go to configuration, and click on the boot tab
Set it to boot up from the CD/DVD-Rom first
When it says "Press any key to boot from CD", press any key
it will then copy all the windows files and restart
when it restarts, DO NOT BOOT FROM CD
the installation will complete itslef
 
Please try also to disable Enable Intel VT-x support and set acceleration level to disabled
at Parallels Desktop -<Virtual Machine name>-Edit-Virtual Machine -Options-Advanced
 
Back
Top