Languages input sync between Mac and Win VM

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by moshe1, Feb 6, 2023.

1. moshe1

moshe1 Bit poster

Hi,

I try to sync both systems to have the same languages input as the last option I've used.
    So if I use English on my win vm so when I move to my Mac OS I would like to have English input as well.
    And When I use my Second input keyboard on my Mac / Win it will remember it and use the same input on the other OS.

Currently when I'm going back and forth between systems I need to change the input layout as I switch.
    So if I'm using 2nd input on my MAC OS and then moving to WIN VM, even if I don't type anything on my WIN vm, When I switch back to MAC os the input changes to English (1st input).

Hope you guys understood my issue.. It's kinda complicated to describe it :)

2. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,

Kindly refer to this article to set your Parallels Desktop keyboard layout in your Windows Virtual Machine : https://kb.parallels.com/111674
    However, please note that the keyboard layout set on your Mac will not synchronize automatically when you switch back to your virtual machine.
    One possible solution for this issue, is to add both layout on your Mac and Windows virtual machine as well, and then you may use these shortcut to flip between the keyboard layout.

Alt+Shift - to alternate your keyboard layout in Windows

Control+Space - to alternate your keyboard layout on Mac

Thanks