Latest Parallels client crashes on windows 10 with the latest MS UPdates

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by Michielv1, May 16, 2017.

1. Michielv1

Michielv1 Bit Poster

On several clients the Parallels client is crashing
    Version 15.5.16283 (also the version before).
    Windows Event Error:
    Faulty module: uiautomationcore.dll_unloaded, version 7.2.15063, timestamp: 0x62299436
    Exceptioncode: 0xe0435555
    Path: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Client\TSClient.exe

Someone familiar?

2. Michielv1

Michielv1 Bit Poster

Update: it happens when we update Windows 10 with the creators update. I can confirm after testing it on 3 workstations.
    After that the clients crasches randomly (about every hour). Without this Windows update the clients works fine.
    Is there an solution in progress?

3. JimR4

JimR4 Bit Poster

Any luck solving this problem. I'm having it, too

4. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Michielv1
    According to error signature this behavior is caused by UI automation technology. Can you please clarify if client crashes only when any published application is launched, or it may crash just hanging in the background?
    In addition I would like to ask if you noticed that client crashes only when working in some particular app?
    Looking forward to hear from you!

5. JanB5

JanB5 Bit Poster

We had the same problem with the latest version of Windows 10 Creators Edition and the Windows 15.5 client. The client closes immediately after after trying to connect to the RAS Server. After some hours of conferencing with the Parallels support we found a solution: Downgrade to the older version of the Windows Client 15.0 (RASClient-x64-15.0.3905.msi). That seems to work so far.....

6. BrandonB1

BrandonB1 Bit Poster

We are also experiencing the parallels client crashing immediately upon launch of a published app on PCs running windows 10 w/ creator. Tech support said we were the only ones experiencing this issue, obviously this is not the case.

7. Michielv1

Michielv1 Bit Poster

To answer Valentin: it happens when the published application is started. I have spoken different people which have the latest MS Windows Creators Update and they al experience troubles with the ras client. Today I download the latest client (16.0.0 Build 18324) en nothing is changed. It still keeps crashing. This problem gets bigger and bigger!
    Hope that Parallels will fix this soon.

8. BrandonB1

BrandonB1 Bit Poster

Michielv1: not that this is a fix but i noticed if i change the color depth to 16 bit instead of 32bit it doesnt crash the apps with windows creator update. You might want to try this also since Parallels says they cannot replicate our issue.