Latest Parallels client crashes on windows 10 with the latest MS UPdates

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by Michielv1, May 16, 2017.

1. Michielv1

Michielv1 Junior Member

On several clients the Parallels client is crashing
    Version 15.5.16283 (also the version before).
    Windows Event Error:
    Faulty module: uiautomationcore.dll_unloaded, version 7.2.15063, timestamp: 0x62299436
    Exceptioncode: 0xe0435555
    Path: C:\Program Files\Parallels\Client\TSClient.exe

Someone familiar?

2. Michielv1

Michielv1 Junior Member

Update: it happens when we update Windows 10 with the creators update. I can confirm after testing it on 3 workstations.
    After that the clients crasches randomly (about every hour). Without this Windows update the clients works fine.
    Is there an solution in progress?

3. JimR4

JimR4 Bit poster

Any luck solving this problem. I'm having it, too

4. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @Michielv1
    According to error signature this behavior is caused by UI automation technology. Can you please clarify if client crashes only when any published application is launched, or it may crash just hanging in the background?
    In addition I would like to ask if you noticed that client crashes only when working in some particular app?
    Looking forward to hear from you!

5. JanB5

JanB5 Bit poster

We had the same problem with the latest version of Windows 10 Creators Edition and the Windows 15.5 client. The client closes immediately after after trying to connect to the RAS Server. After some hours of conferencing with the Parallels support we found a solution: Downgrade to the older version of the Windows Client 15.0 (RASClient-x64-15.0.3905.msi). That seems to work so far.....

6. BrandonB1

BrandonB1 Bit poster

We are also experiencing the parallels client crashing immediately upon launch of a published app on PCs running windows 10 w/ creator. Tech support said we were the only ones experiencing this issue, obviously this is not the case.

7. Michielv1

Michielv1 Junior Member

To answer Valentin: it happens when the published application is started. I have spoken different people which have the latest MS Windows Creators Update and they al experience troubles with the ras client. Today I download the latest client (16.0.0 Build 18324) en nothing is changed. It still keeps crashing. This problem gets bigger and bigger!
    Hope that Parallels will fix this soon.

8. BrandonB1

BrandonB1 Bit poster

Michielv1: not that this is a fix but i noticed if i change the color depth to 16 bit instead of 32bit it doesnt crash the apps with windows creator update. You might want to try this also since Parallels says they cannot replicate our issue.

9. JanB5

JanB5 Bit poster

This is still not fixed even half a year later and with Version 16.2 plus the latest Windows 10 1709 (creators fall)! The Ras Client crashes with SSL connections and the UDP protocoll is also not working and leads to constant reloads of the connection. The the only solution is still to work with 15.0 Clients which is very dated by now. This is really a shame after such a long time....

10. jpc

jpc Pro

@JanB5 I suspect that your crash is unrelated to the one the others have seen.
    I suggest you contact Parallels Support so that they can investigate you particular issue.
    Please note that, if the UDP connection is unstable even when using "Direct" (or "Direct SSL") mode, then it is an RDP issue not directly related to the Parallels Client.

11. RomanC1

RomanC1 Bit poster

We had the same problem today with a new Windows 10 notebook. Instant application crash after/while login. No luck with client 16.2.19305 and 15.5. Only Version 15.0.3905 worked. Windows is on current patch level. No problem with other pc having version 16.X clients in the same network. So not every pc is affected, and it's not a UDP / firewall port problem.
    @paralles Please fix

12. carinow

carinow Bit poster

i have this problem too :(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2019
  13. Hi @RomanC1 in order to continue the issue investigation, please collect the dump of
    AppServerClient.exe process.
    Check this KB article for more info https://kb.parallels.com/123818
    Also please provide us with Client version number. Thanks in advance.

Valentin@Parallels likes this.
  14. Hi, which version are you using? Also please clarify when the client crashes: maybe when you launch any published apps, or right after login?

Valentin@Parallels likes this.
  15. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

According to error signature this behavior is caused by UI automation technology. Can you please clarify if client crashes only when any published application is launched, or it may crash just hanging in the background?

16. ZIMZ

ZIMZ Member

We had the same problem today with a new Windows 10 notebook. Instant application crash after/while login. No luck with client 16.2.19305 and 15.5. Only Version 15.0.3905 worked. Windows is on current patch level. No problem with other pc having version 16.X clients in the same network. So not every pc is affected, and it's not a UDP / firewall port problem.

17. AllanP2

AllanP2 Bit poster

Encountered this today as well. On a 2019 build of Windows 10, parallels version 17. We can't even configure a connection without the application closing out. We have disabled all firewalls AV, UAC, etc and the problem still persists.

18. KenT8

KenT8 Bit poster

Seeing it on some clients today as well. MS KB 4524147 appears to be the culprit. Can someone from Parallels chime in here?

19. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi Allan, Ken,
    thanks for the report. I'll forward this info to development. Sorry for the troubles.

20. Eugene. K.

Eugene. K. Parallels Team

Hi, could you please try switching off RAS Universal printing at Parallels client and check if it helps in your cases?
    To disable Universal printing you can go to connection settings -> Printing and change Technology to None or Microsoft printing.
    If it helps then it will be a temporary workaround (or uninstalling the MS KB). But I assure you that we are working on identifying the issue and fixing it asap.