Launching Problem!

Discussion in 'Parallels Website and Forum' started by climber83, Aug 12, 2008.

1. climber83

climber83 Bit poster

Parallels is a wonderful product that I am having a very difficult time using. I have probably spent over $200.00 trying to get it to work and I am not being very successful at it. It worked for about 7 days and now whenever I try to launch the application it says that there was an unexpected problem, and was forced to close down. I am given three options: ignore, report, or relaunch. The program will not relaunch even after restarting and rebooting the computer (that used to work) and I am getting very frustrated with this product. If anyone can help me solve my problem it would be most appreciated.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

Do you have Display Link drivers installed?

3. macneebie

macneebie Bit poster

Same problem - error in launching

I've been a PC software developer for many, many years and decided to but a mac book recently. So I am completely new at this.

i just installed parallels as well and I keep getting the same error as climber83.

How do I install Display Link drivers?

4. John@Parallels

No, Display Link drivers can prevent Parallels to start
    I need details a bellow:

* Parallels Desktop version and build: Parallels Desktop- -> About Parallels Desktop
    a copy of /home/<username>/Documents/Parallels/<VM name>/<GuestVM>.pvs
    * Archive of /Library/Parallels/bugreports/ (right click on folder --> Create Archive)
    or ~/Library/Parallels/bugreports/

* /Library/Logs/panic.log
    or ~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Parallels.crash.log from the Mac side;

5. macneebie

macneebie Bit poster

i could not find the panic log but copied and pasted what was in the error report (see crash file).

attached is the bug reports zip file as well

Attached Files:

6. John@Parallels

Process: Parallels [149]
    Path: /Applications/Parallels/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/Parallels
    Identifier: com.parallels.desktop
    Version: 3.0 (3.0 Build 4128.0)
    Code Type: X86 (Native)
    Parent Process: launchd [76]

Date/Time: 2008-08-13 12:10:12.257 -0500
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.5.4 (9E17)

Build is to old
    Please download build 5608 following link bellow:
    http://download.parallels.com/v3/en/GA/Parallels-Desktop-5608-Mac-en.dmg

and reinstall Parallels Desktop as described in kb
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/4790

7. macneebie

macneebie Bit poster

Thanks John. That worked!

8. Jodie Emmett

Jodie Emmett Bit poster

Launching problem at install

Hello,

I have followed the instructions to the above posting.... and still I am not able to install.

I am using Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Premium Edition. I am trying to install on an iMac OS X version 10.5.5.

I am getting the following error message: "The application Parallels Desktop quit unexpectedly after it was relaunched."

I am a novice at this... but is seems to me that the information requested requires that I can even get into the program once! Which I can't! Please can someone help me in English?

(* Parallels Desktop version and build: Parallels Desktop- -> About Parallels Desktop
    a copy of /home/<username>/Documents/Parallels/<VM name>/<GuestVM>.pvs
    * Archive of /Library/Parallels/bugreports/ (right click on folder --> Create Archive)
    or ~/Library/Parallels/bugreports/ )

Thank you.
    Jodie

9. John@Parallels

Parallels Desktop- -> About Parallels Desktop
    Mac HD-<username>-Documents-Parallels-<VM name>-<GuestVM>.pvs
    * Archive of Mac HD - Library-Parallels-bugreports(right click on folder --> Create Archive)
    or Finder - <username>-Library-Parallels-bugreports

You can create ticket in support and support will send you video how to collect logs

10. Jodie Emmett

Jodie Emmett Bit poster

ticket?!

John,

If by ticket you mean spend $30 to even open a program?! How bout this... I return my program, get my money back and just go ahead and by the mac version of the program that I had purchased this program to accomodate.

If my frustration is not justified, and what your really meant is that you would offer a way for me to upload a program on to a BRAND NEW computer for the cost of the program that I paid for but CANNOT use... than I apologize.

Please clarify.

Best,
    Jodie

11. John@Parallels

What do you mean $30?
    Email support is free