Leopard: and the future in general!

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by neutrino15, Feb 4, 2007.

1. neutrino15

neutrino15 Junior Member

Hello parallels team!

This is not so much a complaint as a suggestion for a feature in the future. We are all excited about the release of apple's new OS, LEOPARD! One of the cool new features (and maybe the most apparent to apply to parallels) is spaces. While right now, VirtueDesktops provides me with a way to switch between full screen modes of linux, windows, and mac (via parallels) I am hoping to see MAJOR integration with spaces in leopard. Possibly, the user would be able to choose which space a specific guest macine would go to full screen in.. You guys are probably already planning on this. I just wanted to make sure that you are doing this (it would be a real pain if you released parallels the day before leopard came out. Then in spaces, parallels fell apart!)

Just a suggestion!

2. RandomNinjaAtk

RandomNinjaAtk Bit poster

Used spaces in one of the WWDC builds with parallels, it works fine for what your asking it to do already. Don't know if any the newer builds would effect it, but just like virtue desktops

You move the app to that space and full screen, then with a keystroke you can change out of that space and into another parallels os or the desktop!

3. aguydude

aguydude Member

Further, VirtueDesktops enables you to assign specific applications to specific screens (i.e. so they'll always start on those screens), removing the need to move the application at all.

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Upcoming build will work Leopard. Ofcource we will not offer official support since Leopard is in beta yet.