Leverage mac os docker from windows vm

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by AdrianP5, Feb 26, 2023.

1. AdrianP5

AdrianP5 Bit poster

Hello, as nested virtualization is not available on apple silicone...
    Is it possible to leverage the docker engine running on mac os host machine using the docker cli running on windows virtual machine?

I'm already running a sql container on mac and accessing it using ssms on windows. As a starting point for my question let's say I want to run "docker ps" on windows and see the containers on mac os.

2. AnthonyD15

AnthonyD15 Bit poster

Did you get anywhere with this? I am thinking the same thing. Brand new to Parallels and pretty much my new mac having been a windows user for years.
    I would really like to be able to run full Visual Studio from windows and it connect to docker on mac until we can have docker in the windows box.
    I am using an M2 machine btw.

3. AlexandrB

AlexandrB Bit poster

The only thing I was able to set up is connecting to Docker containers running on MacOS from the VM by using the hosts file to assign a name to the default 10.211.55.2 IP address.

I am still looking for a solution to redirect Docker Desktop calls from Windows VM to the MacOS host.