License permits installation on more than one Mac?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidFoster, Sep 20, 2011.

1. DavidFoster

DavidFoster Bit poster

VMWare (versions 4+) supports installation on as many macs as you personally own and use. It seems Parallels does not. Is this correct?

I have been looking at Parallels on my new MacBook Air (Lion) and it appears awesome. But I would also like to install it on my desktop Mac too now that it is upgraded to Lion (it is still on VMWare). The cross-grade deal of $30 is great, but if I want to install it on my multiple macs — not so great.

Unless I misunderstand your license, it's still cheaper for me to upgrade to VMWare 4 and install that on all my Macs then it is to cross-grade to Parallels (and only install to one).

Please help me on this one as I'd like to make a decision soon on which to do.

2. DannyBm

DannyBm Bit poster

I am asking this question myself. Is it possible to install parallels on multiple macs for personal use?
    Like running one at a time? Otherwise VMware would indeed be a cheaper solution.

3. EkaterinaZ

EkaterinaZ Parallels Team

Hello,

As per End-User License Agreement, one may use one copy of the software activated by a license key on one machine. If you would like to install and use Parallels Desktop on multiple systems then you need to purchase corresponding number of licenses.

For other information on EULA of Parallels software, please visit the following web link:

http://www.parallels.com/about/eula/

4. AlainF1

AlainF1 Bit poster

Any update on your licenses?

Almost all software vendors let people use 1 license for all personal macs, or at list 2 of them

I guess that next month will roll out a new Parallels version and I need to decide if is time to try something different

5. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @AlainF1 We will not make any changes in our Licensing policy(Next version as well). As per End-User License Agreement, one may use one copy of the software activated by a license key on one machine. If you would like to install and use Parallels Desktop on multiple systems then you need to purchase corresponding number of licenses.

6. ThaddeusE

ThaddeusE Bit poster

@Shathish@Parallels Take-it-or-leave-it kind of response is never the best for customers. If you think one customer ditching your software is insignificant, you'd better think again. Thanks