License Transfer

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by bob_nugget, Aug 9, 2007.

1. bob_nugget

bob_nugget Junior Member

Hi, I bought Parallels 2.2 online. I've transferred to VMWare Fusion as it is a much better solution for me (runs Vista from Bootcamp and Windows 2000 on my Mac Book Pro).

Anyway, I wanted to sell my parallels license on ebay. Do I have to do a license transfer with Parallels as well?

Cheers,
    Josh

2. debohun

debohun Bit poster

Likewise...

I crawled into bed with Parallels early on, before they were even out of beta. However, I have gotten tired of the lack of service. When the 3.0 upgrade offer came out and their online systems were failing to take the orders, I called to place my upgrade order over the telephone. The person on the phone said they were too busy to take the order and I'd have to try back the next day. The next day was the day after the special upgrade pricing for existing user expired. I wrote Parallels about the problem, and as usual, got no response. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. Instead the next day I downloaded Fusion from VMWare. I've been using it since and have now purchased it. Now I am in the same boat as this user; I'm wondering if I can sell my license to Parallels? Does anyone know what the procedures is for allowing a buyer to reregister ownership?