[Licensing] Use one license on several personal computers

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by RyanM8, May 31, 2017.

?

Easy to use facility to switch license between computer systems

1. Yes, great. need one

36 vote(s)
    94.7%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. EdwardO2

EdwardO2

I just purchased a New Mac Book which came with the subscription. Deleted VMWare from my iMac and loaded Desktop 14. I had no idea this could not be used on at least 2 Macs as always in the past.
    Switching back fast.

2. JoeA2

JoeA2 Bit Poster

I use both mac air & mac mini. do i need to buy double license ?

Regards Joe

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  3. Thommy_

Thommy_ Bit Poster

@joe:
    Yes, that's their strange license.

4. SlintyF

SlintyF Bit Poster

I agree with DenizO. Ideally the licensing should be user dependent and not system dependent. On the other hand, they could also keep one license valid for 2 systems.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2019
  5. MaitT

MaitT Bit Poster

i also wanted to ask same thing. I do own macbook and imac and i have annual licence. It just feels so right to have same license working on both computers. Everybody else also do support it - MS allows you use 5 devices, Adobe allows you to use two computers at same time but you can always signout and sign in if you want to change devices.

Parallels team - it seems quite industry standard to support several computers for same license. When do you follow ? :)

6. NickH2

NickH2 Bit Poster

Just found this thread and as I now need to use a VM on my MacBook and MacPro desktop after reading this thread and noting that Parallels have done nothing to address this since this thread was started I am now switching over to VMWare.

7. JaraJ

JaraJ

I think It's a awesome Ideas so far. Thank's for confirming @RyanM8
    Regards, Jara

8. GrantH1

GrantH1 Bit Poster

Recently came across this thread and very disappointed to see absolutely no response from Parallel's 'management'.
    I now have a requirement to use a work-based desktop and laptop (though not concurrently) and after reviewing VMWare Fusion have decided to ditch Parallels in favour of this product. With support for multiple machines, better graphics options and updated features it's a bit of a no-brainer. Sad to leave after so many years with Parallels but the incentives on offer from VMWare fusion are much better.

consumerb likes this.
  9. NevilleG

NevilleG Bit Poster

https://feedback.photoshop.com/phot...allation-on-multiple-computers-laptop-desktop

Even Adobe allow you to use software on two devices, and allow you simply to activate or deactivate devices as you want. I've been using Parallels for years. Their software is good, and their support I have found to be fantastic. But I will be looking around for a substitute now, and they will lose my subscription as soon as I find one. Parallels Access was suggested to me, but that depends on an internet link. I often find myself and my laptop can't get on the internet when I'm out and about, and I think it also means remote access to my desktop computer, which I power down when away from home. So Parallels will lose my custom sooner or later.

10. consumerb

consumerb Bit Poster

I agree with all the decisions here. Thank you for your time and patience for letting us know about this.

Regards, Consumer

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2019 at 2:16 AM