[Licensing] Use one license on several personal computers

Easy to use facility to switch license between computer systems

  • Yes, great. need one

    Votes: 176 95.1%
  • No

    Votes: 9 4.9%

  • Total voters
    185
OMG. I just switched from VMware and find that a Parallels annual Subscription only allows me to install on one machine. I put it on my work laptop for now. Damn... Theres no way I'm paying for two licences, I only use on computer at a time. Sorry people, I need to return to VMware. I also note that Parallels don't seem to monitor this thread anymore. Bit arrogant there. I'm an ICT manager for a national company and know the value of talking to clients. Oh well back to Vmware... Hope they forgive me for testing the other side.
 
OMG - I was just buying Parallels 15 when I came here to double check whether I could install it both on my desktop and laptop, only to find out it IS NOT POSSIBLE!!! WTF?? Here you just lost a sale. I need to use it on both devices and I'm definitely not buying two licenses. Looking tinto VMWare now...
 
It's really ridiculous to have such a costly software which could be used in one computer only. This is a greedy attitude from Parallels. It's better to go for some other virtual machine softwares such as VMWare. Good bye Parallels...
 
Wow, I'm glad I read this thread, I have a computer for work and a computer at home, and they aren't used simultaneously. Procurement was about to buy me a license, but I'm going to have them to cancel, there are more reasonable options for my needs.
 
Same here, quite disappointed :(, I have an iMac at home and Laptop for the road. I understand you can't run it simultaneously, though I was expecting that I could use it on both machines, like many other applications.
I have to sit this license out, using bootcamp for the time being on my iMac. I recommended my friends/family not to purchase Parallels but go for VMware Fusion instead, as will in the future. More value for money when you have two machines.
 
I recently bought Parallels again after a hiatus. I am shocked to discover that my license will not work on both my laptop and desktop machine and that I am expected to delicense and relicense (or pay double) every time I take my laptop on the road with me. I wish I had never bought this. Never again.
 
MacPro at home and MacBook on the road, I wish I read this thread before buying Pro version subscription.
There is no information about single computer license on product page nor on checkout page.
Not fair Parallels, not fair.
License should bind to account not computer, it's logical that we use it on multiple computers, in office or at the client's site.
 
Parallels need to get with the times. This is 1990s licensing policy. The reason most companies moved away from it, was because it was user hostile. However, Parallels went completely the opposite direction with permissive licensing to highly restrictive.
 
Looks like don't give a ... maybe we should vote with our money and move to other solution like VMware, there is no licence issue.
 
GUYS I was told there'd always been a one-user per mac policy. Super useful info.;);)
Sincerely,
a random Mac user named Sam who contacted support
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Same here, quite disappointed :(, I have an iMac at home and Laptop for the road. I understand you can't run it simultaneously, though I was expecting that I could use it on both machines, like many other applications.
I have to sit this license out, using bootcamp for the time being on my iMac. I recommended my friends/family not to purchase Parallels but go for VMware Fusion instead, as will in the future. More value for money when you have two machines.

I used bootcamp too, for the sole purpose of gaming. It's a godsend, seriously.
 
I think it is completely useless to complain here. I'll move to Fusion as well. Tried it and found out that it works well as Parallels. And they do have service, real service that is not as arrogant and ignoring as they are here.
 
I think it is completely useless to complain here. I'll move to Fusion as well. Tried it and found out that it works well as Parallels. And they do have service, real service that is not as arrogant and ignoring as they are here.
Hey Thommy, I know they don't have control over how the software works, but it's not very nice to say that the customer service here is arrogant! They're doing their best. :)

Regards, Arthur
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I agree with this post With the basic license, VM Fusion allows individual users to install the software on any computer they own. If the parallels don't change their politics anytime soon, you'll be watching VM Fusion.
 
I just need to have the annual subscription because I need some more RAM.
Thats so expensive for my kind of usage but I was just about to do this step... glad I saw this thread.
Are you kidding me ? Really every kind of apple software allows to run on at least 2 devices. Of Course I want to use it on my MacBook too maybe 10 times a year when I am on a trip. You really want me to pay an additional annual fee ?

I already complained about policy years ago but it got worse now. So I cannot have any hopes that you will listen... and I cannot wait for you anymore.
So... bye again and HI to new fusion - I remember why I switched to VMware years ago. PD gets more and more expensive and aggressive. It never felt like having "having somenthing" but like "pay again and again".
 
Same as everyone here I tried to use this on two machines my laptop and my desktop and it sucks to have to switch back and fourth.
 
Back
Top