Links and mails in Windows can be opened in Mac, regardless of security settings.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by peter131, Jan 7, 2020.

1. peter131

peter131 Bit poster

Hello developers at Parallels, I have noticed that the option to open links and mail related things from the Windows VM in Mac are available at all times, even when the isolate Windows from Mac option is enabled. I think this behaviour is concerning as this defeats the security that an isolated virtual machine should provide.

Here is a screenshot showing that the option to open in Mac are available, even when the VM is supposed to be isolated. If you enable open in Mac then links are indeed opened in the Mac, despite the VM is "isolated".
    [​IMG]

I think that the Parallels client should ignore any "request" to open in Mac, when the isolate Windows from Mac option is enabled.

If you don't have Parallels Tools installed on your Windows VM then the option to open in Mac isn't available in the first place, however this does not provide an ideal user experience. Mainly because the screen resolution can't change dynamically.

Attached Files:

2. peter131

peter131 Bit poster

Also I think that under VM->Configuration->Options->Web & Email there should be individual options to "Allow Windows to open links in Mac" and "Allow Windows to open mails in Mac", for finer control. These options should naturally be overruled by the isolate Windows from Mac option, when that is enabled.