Linux and Network

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by profetes, Apr 21, 2006.

1. profetes

profetes Junior Member

Hi,
    I have one VM with Windows XP and everything works very nicely. So I created another machine with Ubuntu installed and another with Fedora installed, in none of them I manage to get the network working. Would you have any advice?
    Thanks! :)

2. tgrogan

tgrogan Pro

Take the time to understand Linux networking. If your Mac was offering the necessary services, both Ubuntu and Fedora would have set themselves up properly. In order to diagnose a networking problem you must provide a lot more information about your network configuration when you installed Linux to get any help. Parallels has no control over any of this! You must configure Linux of any kind to it's network environment. You have crossed over into an area where there is a whole lot of flexibilty that requires some knowledge to implement it. Linux is not OSX!

3. profetes

profetes Junior Member

Network configuration

Thanks. Yes I see that Linux is much more flexible and complex. Re network configuration, my iMac is connected via ethernet to a router that is connected via ethernet to an internet provider. When I installed Fedora, I set the VM with bridged network in en0 (ethernet) and so after booting I tried to activate the eh0 ethernet in Fedora but it doesnt find the network via DHCP. I tried several combinations for manual setting but it doesnt found the internet connection.