Long Pauses with Outlook 2007 Open

Discussion in 'Windows Guest OS Discussion' started by sddavidm, Jul 2, 2007.

1. sddavidm

sddavidm Bit poster

I am using Parallels 2.2 Build 2112 for Windows on a dual core Windows XP machine. For a long time now, every so often Parallels will just pause from 10 seconds to over a minute. The same thing will happen to Outlook 2007 on my main machine (not Parallels). I've even seen both programs go into "Not Responding" mode and I had to close both with Task Manager.

I've now noticed that this only happens with both are open. If I close Outlook 2007, the pauses in Parallels will go away and vise versa.

Any ideas?

David

2. Luke Ireland

Luke Ireland Bit poster

I would suggest applying Outlook 2007 patch just released by Microsoft. This application sucks!

3. sddavidm

sddavidm Bit poster

Paralles and Outlook 2007

I have all the latest patches installed and still have the issue. HELP!

4. jmulvey

jmulvey Bit poster

Bump. I have the same issue!

5. pendolino

pendolino Member

there's another thread about this that you should check. problem is also found in 2003.

6. WilliamM

WilliamM Bit poster

Frustrated

Anyone know where this thread might be? I've been searching and can't find anything to help me with this most cumbersome problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

7. pendolino

pendolino Member

william - i am not sure where the thread is. it was a long time ago but i will be dropping parallels as soon as snow leopard is out due to integrated exchange support in Mac OSX.

8. Mubashir L

Mubashir L Bit poster

Outlook Pauses

Here is a solution

Disable installed Outlook plugins/addins
    You probably have 20 plugins running right now and don’t even know it. This is a very common cause of performance issues across the Internet. Start disabling the ones you don’t think you’re gonna need. Particularly:
    - Adobe Acrobat versions prior to 8.0
    - iTunes Addin
    - Cyberlink Sideshow addin
    http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1959/outlook_2007_disabling_enabling_add_ins

One addin that may cause issues (unverified) is the "Deleted Item Recovery" addin. Disabling this addin will obviously prevent you from recovering email that you’ve deleted from your Exchange Server mailbox however if you never use this feature, this won’t be a major loss so it might be worth a try.

Tools, Trust Center, select Add-ins on the left.
    Drop the Manage dialog box down and you’ll see the option to manage Exchange Client Extensions.
    Select that then click ‘Go’
    De-select Deleted Item Recovery and click OK. Restart Outlook.