Lost 3.0 upgrade key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by trouinky, Jul 2, 2007.

1. trouinky

trouinky Bit poster

I have the purchase verification, but I can't find the e-mail with the activation code. What kind of hoops do I have to jump through to find my key???? Thanks in advance . . .

2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

You should get an email with this title "Download link and license key for "Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac Upgrade"" from element 5.

Mine came just after I received the on re Payment Verification.

Phil

3. trouinky

trouinky Bit poster

Got the payment verification e-mail . . .

. . . but no activation e-mail. Or maybe my junk mail-filter caught it (our spam filter at work is quite aggressive). I've e-mailed about it and got a response, but they just asked to e-mail them back to "remind them". I did and haven't heard anything. That was last week.

4. trouinky

trouinky Bit poster

Found a link through my Element5 receipt that let me login and wade through a few pages . . . where I found the upgrade key. Woohooo!!!

5. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

Good for you! Now, as they say, Let the Games Begin! ;)

I upgraded from PD 2 to PD 3 (also to OS X 10.4.10) last week. I had a few minor problems, all resolved in a couple of hours and after reading various posts here. Not all have been so fortunate, alas.

Phil

6. birdd

birdd Bit poster

I have a similar problem. I purchased five licenses, got the activation code and when I entered it it asked for the original code, that this was an update code. This is for Version 3, Build 4028. This is on a new MacBook. How do I get the "original" code when I just now dowloaded the program for the first time???? Thanks for any help!

7. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

If you purchase the update to PD 3, you must have PD 2 installed to update.

If not installed, it will ask you for your earlier PD 2 Key and the PD 3 update Key.

Did you buy an update ($49) or the full version ($79)? If the former and you never purchased an earlier version of Parallels desktop, looks like you need to contact the vendor and get that fixed (and pay more money).

Phil

8. basoprofundo

basoprofundo Bit poster

Lost Upgrade Key

I had the same problem, parallels customer services took more than two weeks to reply. In the mean time, I searched the site of the people who do the transaction. http://www.element5.com/ you go to the customer services link, and you can find details of your transactions. The direct link is here http://ccc.element5.com/ccc/getinfo.html?sessionid=656150604&random=8772424ac10979270ab91c765bc5c65a.

I retrieved my serial from here.

Good luck