Lost all windows applications

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by robin sands, May 30, 2008.

1. robin sands

robin sands Bit poster

Help, I lost all my windows applications!

A few days after upgrading to 3.0, build 5444, my Parallels would not launch. All I got was a blank(black) screen. I have a MacBook2,1, Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GHz, 1GB memory. I formatted my second drive and ran Parallels off of that, no Boot camp. No blank screen until I upgraded to 3.0.

After reading many posts and trying many different things I was able to launch Parallels again but it was brand new, none of my files or applications were on it. To get it going again I configured vm to CD/DVD ROM, emulation, booting to Hard disk, then I ran my MAC disk utility, uninstalled my Parallels, ran MAC disk utility again and reinstalled parallels. When reinstalling I was told to put in my CD/Rom of Windows XP. When I put it in and everything was reloaded I got a completely new parallels program - none of my old applications or programs were on it.

Most of the applications were installed for a company where I work on a freelance basis. Since I am a freelancer it was VERY difficult getting an IT person to install what I needed to be able to work on their server. I'd hate to go through that again and hope they don't refuse. (The first time IT said it wouldn't help me since I was a freelancer and I'd hate to go through that again.) So...

How/Can I get my version back with all the applications?

How can I install Parallels so that it does not require my Windows XP installation disk? When I upgraded to 3.0 it did not ask for that disk. Would that help?

Is it possible to revert back to Parallels 2.?? Would I get my applications back?

Will anything help or am I royally screwed by Parallels?

Thanks,
    Robin