Lost key for 2.5, no support response

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by kovacs, Oct 10, 2007.

1. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

Lost key for 2.5 (solved)

I sent a request to Parallels Support (which was difficult in itself because it takes ages to figure out how to send e-mail to them).

But my problem is that I have lost my keys for Parallels 2.5. I do have my 3.0 upgrade key. I am not getting a response from Support...how am I supposed to handle this?

I purchased through the Parallels website last year.

What do I do?

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

From the sales receipt...(I just bought another full version for my second iMac):

"For all certified customers who hold a valid Parallels account, the Parallels Customer Support provides around-the-clock technical support services both online and over the phone."

Riiight. It's been 4 days now.

3. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

5 days and counting.

4. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

Six days, no support yet.

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

could you please tell which e-mail address you send your requests to?

Best Regards,
    Alicia.

6. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

I used the form on your contact pages. It was impossible to locate an e-mail address anywhere.

http://www.parallels.com/en/support/request/

It was last Saturday, ie 8 days ago.

7. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

I can post my v3 activation (upgrade) key here if this forum is the only way to get hold of Parallels support. I live in Scandinavia and therefore calling you is not really an option.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2007
  8. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Alicia, or another parallels forum team member, will probably get back to you via a private message on the forum after hunting down the message from their system.

It seems Parallels support has at time been hit-and-miss. It seems to be hell for some, but I've had nothing but good experience with the members on the forum and on-line support.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2007
  9. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

kovacs, hello,

Eru Ithildur is right, check you PM, please.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

10. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

I replied to it but have not yet heard back from you...

11. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

kovacs, please, check it again :)

Best regards,
    Alicia.

12. kovacs

kovacs Junior Member

Thanks Alicia, problem solved! :)

13. asterion

asterion Junior Member

Yeah, they don't exactly exude confidence in their support, do they? I put a request in yesterday as I managed to lose my 3.0 key and haven't heard a thing. Most companies, when I've had this issue, is a day or two tops. My own fault that I can't figure out where or if I backed up the key, but how was I to know that the upgrade option of Leopard would botch like that?

14. cwdave

cwdave Bit poster

Me too!

Alicia (or someone else), I've also got my 3.x key but can't find my 2.x key. Can you please PM it to me? It's tied to the same email as my forum login. Thanks.

15. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

asterion, you see, there should be an automatic answer from our web-site with the number of your request ticket right after you've posted a request. It can be in your spam folder so check it up there, please. It seems that there's no request ticket from you on our site. We can't find any and we'd like to investigate this problem.
    Please, check your PM here now - I've sent you your key.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

16. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

cwdave, hello,

please, check your PM - I've sent you the key :)

But for the future - if you need a quicker activetion key help, it's better to write to our order support on the web-site.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

17. tedrust

tedrust Bit poster

Maybe it would be wise of SWSoft / Parallels to create a "look up my activation codes" feature on the website. You have a "My Account" portion of the site, but it has almost nothing in it and is practically useless.

I, too, have apparently lost my 2.x code and so have been unable to install my 3.0 version on Leopard. This forum does not instill great confidence that my request will be fulfilled in a timely manner. (I sent it to order-support@parallels.com.)

Anyway, I've seen software sites before that let you login and check your license keys. OmniGroup is a great example. Stick in your email address and they send you every license you have ever purchased.

Just an idea.

Ted Rust

18. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

your request ticket has been answered, please, check your e-mail.
    And as for your suggestion I've reported it to our web-team. Thank you for your feedback.

Best regards,
    Alicia.