Lost Parallels Menu Options in Leopard (coherence)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by jamus, Oct 27, 2007.

1. jamus

jamus Bit poster

I'm on build 5160 using a boot camp partition and I just upgraded to Leopard. I'm having problems with Parallels. I've been an early adopter before and have been lucky enough to not have problems...

First, it took a few restarts of my computer and of Parallels to get anything functioning. At one point, on startup, Parallels crashed my entire computer and made me force power down the system.

On my MacBook, after my system restarts, Parallels starts fine except for the timeout error others have experienced. If I shut down Windows and restart Parallels, the Mac menu bar shows the apple menu and the Parallels menu but I lose all the menus to the right of that. i.e. no "file" "edit" "view", etc.

Of course, while testing it, it just came back. I right clicked on the dock item, switched to single window from coherence, and the choices came back. But there is more...

The next problem is shutting down the second time. Parallels tools wont stop and I have to reset the VM. Then on the third boot, I get an "unable to open". We'll see what happens after I restart my computer. I assume I'll go through the whole cycle agian.