Low disk space messages after one week of use

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by rcarr359, Aug 15, 2007.

1. rcarr359

rcarr359 Bit poster

Hello,

I'm running a new installation of Parallels 3.0 on an Intel MacBook Pro. After about a week of use, I'm getting error messages saying I have less than 1MB of disk space out of the 32 GB allocated. After investigating, it looks as if there are about 28 GB in the system folder in a directory called "CSC." Any ideas what this might be?

I am also trying to run Compressor, but I see no dialog or progress indicator when I choose to run it from the "actions" menu - only an option to cancel compressor in that same menu.

Thanks,

Bob

2. johnv

johnv Parallels Team Parallels Team

Hello, Bob!

Please open MyComputer and check the size of the virtual disk.
    Please increase the size of the virtual disk

Best regards,
    John

3. rcarr359

rcarr359 Bit poster

Sorry - that's not the problem.

John,

The size of the virtual disk is not the problem. Based on other posts from people with similar problems, the Compressor tool appears to be buggy. It appears that if the compression process is interrupted (by Windows updates, etc.), that it fails to complete properly and leaves enormous files in the system folder. I have reinstalled Parallels and rebuilt my system to solve the problem. As a new user, I'm pleased with Parallel's performance, but I'm disappointed in this bug. I'm hopeful that this will be patched in the future.

Thanks,

Bob