Lumion Rendering Software Will Not Open

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PrestonG, Oct 13, 2017.

1. PrestonG

PrestonG Bit poster

I am running Windows 10 using Parallels 13 Pro on my 2015 MacBook Pro. I am trying to use a rendering software called Lumion, but when ever I open it I get the following error message. "Error: Lumion 6.5 and new requires a graphics card that supports DirectX 11. The specified device interface or feature level is not supported on this system." I have checked on Lumions official website (https://lumion.com/) and it appears like the program can run on parallels. Is there anything I can do to get this program running?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PrestonG, Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac does not support DirectX 11 officially. While Parallels strives to provide the best Mac virtualization platform, Parallels Desktop for Mac is subject to a host operating system and its limitations. Unfortunately, macOS does not support OpenGL Compute Shaders which are required to implement DirectX 11 support, meaning we are currently unable to create this functionality.

We maintain a good relationship with Apple and have discussed the aforementioned concerns with them. We closely monitor any API Reference documentation changes at developer.apple.com in the hopes of receiving the required instructions from Apple, but we do not have them as of yet. Please rest assured that we do want to implement better graphics support for guest systems, and once we have the necessary documentation, we will create the functionality to do so.

3. Esteban1

Esteban1 Bit poster

Hi, any news on this issue with DirectX 11 for Lumion 8??

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Esteban1. I'm sorry, but we don't have an update on this yet. Please post your suggestion/vote here.

5. lorrep

lorrep Bit poster

helo,
    any news at this time about the problem with DirectX 11? maybe with the new parallels 14?

6. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello lorrep. As stated in this thread earlier, macOS does not support OpenGL Compute Shaders, which is a requirement to develop DirectX 11 support for virtual machines. So as of today, it is technically not possible to implement DirectX 11 support in Parallels virtual machines. Please post your suggestion/vote here.