Mac application to share not always found

blackmac

Junior Member
Parallels does not detect OpenOffice.org.app as a shared Mac application any more. After a while, I finally had the idea to rename OpenOffice.org.app to OpenOffice.app (without the .org), and after a new "Populate", it finally worked.

It seems as if the application would not be recognized because of the additonal dot in the application's name. This seems to be a new bug introduced in the latest build.

Also filed as report #251963.
 
Sorry, I reported it here and via the application menu. You are welcome. If you want it filed somewhere else, go ahead and simply copy and paste, but I won't do this for you. I am a customer and have to earn money doing my job.

If the problem report from the Parallels menu is not the right place and therefore ignored, I propose to remove the menu entry in the upcoming version.
 
i have this same problem specifically with openoffice not being shown as a mac app using smartselect while all other mac apps do. solutions please.
 
Back
Top