Mac crashing when using Parallels

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MichaelL42, Oct 16, 2018.

1. AndrewJ7

AndrewJ7 Bit Poster

This is still going on, even with a new iMac and an upgrade to v15. I can reproduce it every time: start Parallels Desktop and wait a variable amount of time, eventually it will happen. I can't create a report as the Mac is not responsive. I don't even have to have a VM running, just the Parallels Desktop app - eventually it will cause something to stop the UI responding to events leaving me with a spinning beach ball and no option but to hard power cycle.

RyanJ2 and AlexanderM9 like this.
  2. RyanJ2

RyanJ2 Bit Poster

To MBP in our office running Catalina (although this happened on Mojave) experiencing the freeze and crash when upgrading to 15 and 15.1. Both running Windows 10 VM.

3. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi, is it possible to collect the tech report right after that crash and post report's id here?

4. RyanJ2

RyanJ2 Bit Poster

There is nothing to capture as the crash report is empty. We have tried to upgrade to each release of 15 and are still experience the issue. We have downgraded to 14 and we do not have the issue. Both using external GPUs in coherence mode.

5. RyanJ2

RyanJ2 Bit Poster

Does this help?
    {"files_to_attach":["\/Library\/Logs\/DiagnosticReports\/ProxiedDevice-Bridge\/panic-full-2019-10-25-145849.9952.ips"],"log_path":"\/Library\/Logs\/DiagnosticReports\/ProxiedDevice-Bridge\/panic-full-2019-10-25-145849.9952.ips","panic_string":"BAD MAGIC! (flag set in iBoot panic header), no macOS panic log available"}

6. RyanJ2

RyanJ2 Bit Poster

Any ideas?

7. RyanJ2

RyanJ2 Bit Poster

Bueller, Bueller, Bueller

8. Maria@Parallels

Maria@Parallels Parallels Team

Please try to collect the report from Terminal:
    1. Run the command:
      prlsrvctl problem-report --send
    2. Wait for the technical report to be generated and send. After a successful report submission you will see this message in Terminal: The problem report was successfully sent with id: 123546569
    3. Save the 9-digit Problem Report ID and post it here