Mac Freeze on launching VM

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by airdog242, Jul 18, 2007.

1. rev_bem

rev_bem Junior Member

2. kuebler

kuebler Member

3. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

The fix is in the new Beta version too, but of course we wouldn't recommend you upgrading to the Beta version to solve this problem unless you really know what you are doing and want to participate in beta-testing. If you use the PD for production purposes - please wait for the official update release version, the Beta can cause unwanted problems.

4. rev_bem

rev_bem Junior Member

noted....thanks for the input

just going to throw it on my iMac as it's my toy, lol

cheers

Rev Bem

5. kuebler

kuebler Member

I think after we have criticized them hard for 4560, we must concede them this time that they are 100.00% right ;-)

6. al3

al3 Member

4562 works for me!

After almost two weeks of silence I really didn't think you guys could pull it off.

It's going to be a very cold day you know where before I ever upgrade again!

Anyway, thanks for the fix. Too bad you made so many people upset by your lack of communication. All you had to do was keep us in the loop.

Al

7. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Sorry for the delay with response, but the truth is that this KP bug is quite rare and we needed some time to reproduce it and fix the problem.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007
  8. jlford30

jlford30 Bit poster

Xp freeze on install

Well I tried installing XP Pro with various memory settings and the install hangs at the device driver install. I have a imac 24" 3GB memory, the first media gave me memory errors, Parallels told me that the media was the issue so I used another XP cd, it freezes..... I can't believe it, I also imaged the cd and used it, I even installed on normal pc with both cd's works fine...all I get from parallels is....."obviously the media is the issue"

well tried 768MB and it installed only to BSOD

9. betheeem

betheeem Bit poster

XP Freeze with build 5160

Was working great with 5160 since it came out...

Recently my vm and macbook pro froze...had to do a hard reboot. Now everytime I attempt to start my vm (XP) it freezes my entire mac and I have to shut it down. Any suggestions?

10. Vinay1

Vinay1 Bit poster

We managed to reproduce this crash in our testing lab