mac OS 10.12.5 client on 10.12.5 host mouse problem

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DariuszB, May 26, 2017.

1. DariuszB

DariuszB Bit poster

I managed successfully to install mac OS 10.12.5 client on 10.12.5 host. Initially everything looked perfect until I have noticed that after random time mouse cursor stops working. Client is still running - I can use keyboard or ssh to it but mouse is dead. If I suspend and start again then mouse will start working again. But will stop after some time. Anybody experienced something similar? Any suggestions?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello @DariuszB, when this issue occurs, does the mouse cursor disappear in the client OSX or would it remain visible while couldn't be moved around?

3. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DariuszB , please try to reinstall Parallels Tools by click Parallels Icon (Two red lines at the top of your Mac) > Action > Reinstall Parallels Tools and let us know if that works.

4. DariuszB

DariuszB Bit poster

It disappears

5. Hemnath@Parallels

Please shut down the virtual machine. Then, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> Mouse & Keyboard and remove the checkmark from both 'Smooth scrolling' and 'Mouse pointer sticks at window edges'. Also, select 'Don't optimize for games' for 'Mouse'. And then, navigate to Boot Order -> Advanced Settings and type devices.usb.mouse=0 in the text field under 'Boot flags'. Close the virtual machine configuration window and then check for the issue.

Last edited: May 28, 2017
  6. DariuszB

DariuszB Bit poster

Thank you for suggestions.
    1 - I do not have Windows - both host and client are Mac OS.
    2 - I played with settings - and actually is looks that if I select Auto-detect for Games and Mouse pointer sticks at window edges - it works. at least for the last couple of hours when before pretty much after few minutes cursor was gone.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

I don't follow. So right now, the cursor still disappears inside the client OSX?