Mac OS X 10.10.3 - Parallels 10 and Notification Center

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RichardK1, Apr 10, 2015.

1. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Hi all. I've installed the latest OS X 10.10.3 yesterday and noticed that the (Parallels Desktop Version 10.2.0 (28956)) Open Control Centre button in OS X notification centre no longer does anything at all. Anyone else? Thanks.

2. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Anyone please? Could you at least try for me? Thanks :)

3. Adrian_Maggs

Adrian_Maggs Bit poster

I'm seeing the same behaviour - the control centre button does nothing when clicked.

RichardK1 likes this.
  4. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Hi, thanks for confirming. I've reported it as an issue/bug.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  5. Dhruba@Parallels

Dhruba@Parallels

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  6. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Hi. I have tried that but no difference.

7. JonatanC

JonatanC Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem I think. I downloaded Parallels 10 but it doesn't work with Yosemite 10.10.3 that I updated this morning. I also tried to reinstall windows xp on the parallels but it can't as it comes a blue screen referring to a possible hardware fault. But it all seems to be incompatibility with the new Yosemite version. What can we do?? Many thanks

8. NoraM

NoraM Bit poster

Hi, I also have a similar problem. I recently downloaded Parallels 10 for the first time in my mac working with Yosemite 10.10.3 and was unable to install windows. Despite "reading" the Win7 installation cd form the optical drive, and after introducing the activation key, no installation begins but an MS-DOS window is displayed triying to boot from any drive and and it says "unable to read an OS". Colud it be possible Parallels 10 isn't working with Yosemite 10.10.3? Any solutions?

9. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

No this is a different problem - everything apart from the NC add-on works fine on my 10.10.3. I would suggest you create your own topic and you will hopefully get some answers :)

10. NoraM

NoraM Bit poster

You're right, I'm sorry for interrupting you're question....just read JonatanC's last post and thought the part referring to the win xp reinstall was kind my problem, maybe it's all related to wrong execution of Parallels 10 running on Yosemite 10.10.3. I'll take you're advice and start a new topic!
    Thanks!

11. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

No problem - hope you get your issue sorted.

12. Hi @RichardK1, we have tried to reproduce this issue on our side, but unfortunately were not succeed yet. Could you provide us with the step-by-step instructions in order to reproduce the issue once again and also please create a problem report (using the knowledge base article http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058 ) once the issue reoccurs and let us know the Problem report ID number.

13. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Hi. I have just reinstalled on a clean mac and it simply does not work. I did nothing other than install it and activate it, then turn it on in notification centre. As simple as that.

14. @RichardK1, thanks for your reply.
    Did you have this option before? Also do you have the normal behavior of notification center and other applications?
    Moreover could you provide us with the screenshot and problem report ID please?

15. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Hi, its Parallels #2098658.

I don't know what you been did I have this options before...its always been part of v10 I think and its never worked, for me and others. Otherwise NC works perfectly with all other apps.

16. @RichardK1, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    We have already reported this issue to our Development Team and they are currently working on the resolution, but due to the issue complexity it will take some time for investigation.
    We will contact you shortly once we receive any updates from them.

17. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Thats ok thanks.

18. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Still not fixed in update/version 10.2.1 (29006)

19. @RichardK1 we are still working on resolution with our Development Team, once the fix is available we will provide you with this info.

RichardK1 likes this.
  20. RichardK1

RichardK1 Junior Member

Still not fixed with the update released today (23 July 2015)...why is this taking so long????? All it has to do is load an app!!!