Mac OS X 10.4.6 vs 10.4.10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by chim, Jul 19, 2007.

1. chim

chim Member

I bought my MacBook Pro 3.1 last week. I have updated the software. I was reading the Parallels Explorer manual which says I need OS X V10.4.6. Where do I get that???

I have OX X V10.4.10, memory 2gb. Hard drive is 160 gb but I can't figure out how to find out what room it has on it today. (Moved from a PC!)

My Parallels is V3 Build 4128.0.

How do I get all the proper versions of OS and Parallels?? :cool:

2. Erich

Erich Member

It sounds like the manual is out of date, or that you need 10.4.6 or later. Parallels Explorer works fine with 10.4.10. You should probably upgrade Parallels to the newest build (4560); you can get it from http://www.parallels.com/en/download/desktop/.

To determine the free space on your drive, right-click on the hard drive icon at the top right of your desktop and select Get Info. Alternately, you can open System Profiler by clicking on the blue Apple logo at the top left of your screen and selecting About This Mac. Then select More Info... and then Serial-ATA.

3. chim

chim Member

Thanks Erich.
    I just found out that 10.4.10 is the NEWEST OS X available so Parallels Explorer must have a miss-print.

I just downloaded the newest build. I will await the arrival of my newest mint copy of XP before I try and install it all...again.

And thanks for the info on determining free space on my hard drive. I found it.

I am off to read the 32 page "Quick Start Manual" for Parallels. Maybe that will help!