Mac OS X on PC

Discussion in 'Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux' started by centaur78, Oct 8, 2006.

1. centaur78

centaur78 Bit poster

I would like to know if its possible to install Mac OS X on Windows XP using the Parallels for Windows.

If so how. I am trying to install it using the FreeBSD as the Guest OS but as soon as Darwinx86 loads..... it freezes

thanks

2. constant

constant Forum Maven

It has been discussed on a number of occassions, and again just recently. You should yield plenty of results with a quick search.

3. centaur78

centaur78 Bit poster

Thank you

but what do i search for..... i tried all sort search terms .... cant find the one i need

thanks

4. constant

constant Forum Maven

All right then, the short answer is, no. OSX is coded to run on certain hardware, which does not include the virtual hardware Parallels employs. Honestly, Apple, straight jacket, I just don't see the difference.

5. Crucial

Crucial Bit poster

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Mac OS is designed to run under a somewhat specific set of hardware and instructions, but with the release of Mac OS for Intel (OSx86) I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you were using the x86 version of Mac.

Of course it would probably be more beneficial to simply install a dualboot of mac and windows on the machine. However, I can think of a few situations where you would want to be able to have them both running at the same time.

6. constant

constant Forum Maven

No, unfortunately, it is just not possible. That 'ol Apple straight jacket, she's done up pretty tight.

7. centaur78

centaur78 Bit poster

Thanks contant

Well the reason i have asked is that i do get ACPI error... and yes due to the hardware i am using... .. but yes its possible to install with Vmware.. i have tried it.. I like parallels coz its faster than vmware... due to limited set of programs and memory usage ...

Well i guess i will wait till parallels comesout with something better