Mac OS X - Unable to Purchase Second License

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by ChrisT8, Jul 27, 2017.

1. ChrisT8

ChrisT8 Bit poster

I've discovered a bug with the Parallels Access web interface for purchasing another license. Using Mac OS X El Capitan with both Safari 9.1 and Google Chrome v59.0, it is not possible to make a purchase of a second license pack for five computers (2-year plan). On a Windows computer, the Chrome web interface correctly directs you to the next steps for purchasing another license (according to the technical support hotline representative). Mac OS X web interfaces simply bring you to your list of currently managed computers - which, for me, displays my existing five computers. It is not possible to purchase another license for Parallels Access.

I also noted this within the Dashboard of My Account. You can click on a link within my listed Parallels Desktop product to purchase another license, but there is no link to purchase another license for Parallels Access within my listed product.

We tried clearing browser history and cache, to no avail.

They are elevating this and I hope to hear back via email soon.

-- Chris

2. ChrisT8

ChrisT8 Bit poster

Just an update, customer support has provided me with a customized direct link to complete my license purchase for an additional 2-year subscription for five computers in Parallels Access.

While this resolves my issue, I hope this has been elevated so that it is not an issue for other customers with a similar Mac OS X configuration as mine, also seeking to purchase a license for a second batch of five computers in Parallels Access.

Hope this helps!

-- Chris

3. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @ChrisT8. Thanks for the updated post. Our engineering team is aware of this issue and currently investigating the same.

4. ChrisT8

ChrisT8 Bit poster

Just to update everyone, Parallels support has refunded my money for the upgrade to 10 computers, stating that it is in fact not possible to expand from five to 10. You must create a second account and have those computers (beyond five) hosted on a second login account. I am disappointed about this and wish they would fix this. Their suggestion was to upgrade to the Parallels Access Business Plan at $49.99 per year for the first five computers, then an additional $49.99 for the second five computers (all per year), if you want them all accessible from a single login. Um, no thanks. In providing periodic remote support to my parents and my uncle, and having multiple computers between my wife, daughter, and me, it does not seem like an unreasonable request of support to allow personal access to more than five computers. Please fix this, Parallels. I like you a lot, please don't ask me me to seek another alternative or set up additional accounts as a workaround. Thank you!