My hard drive crashed. Fortunately I had it backed up with Time Machine.
Unfortunately all apps but Apple system apps had to be reinstalled - EXCEPT Parallels.
Parallels did loose where the .pvm file was located but a Window came up on boot asking if there was one and when to find it. Then after pointing it to the correct folder it seems to be working like nothing happened - Both windows and dos programs are working OK.
I determined what to do from searching your forum and finding out to Transfer an existing virtual machine to a new MAC.
I'm a happy camper.
What I did -
All my MAC files had been restored to there proper locations. I found where the .pvm file was located, went to the Parallels window that had opened on boot. It had a drop down window to find the virtual machine. I navigated to the file and selected it and selected the move button. The virtual machine started and Windows started up just like nothing ever happened.
This is the only thing in this recovery process that has been easy.
Since my forum search did not come up with a Subject directly related to recovering from a hard drive crash I added this hoping it will help someone else in the future.
Unfortunately all apps but Apple system apps had to be reinstalled - EXCEPT Parallels.
Parallels did loose where the .pvm file was located but a Window came up on boot asking if there was one and when to find it. Then after pointing it to the correct folder it seems to be working like nothing happened - Both windows and dos programs are working OK.
I determined what to do from searching your forum and finding out to Transfer an existing virtual machine to a new MAC.
I'm a happy camper.
What I did -
All my MAC files had been restored to there proper locations. I found where the .pvm file was located, went to the Parallels window that had opened on boot. It had a drop down window to find the virtual machine. I navigated to the file and selected it and selected the move button. The virtual machine started and Windows started up just like nothing ever happened.
This is the only thing in this recovery process that has been easy.
Since my forum search did not come up with a Subject directly related to recovering from a hard drive crash I added this hoping it will help someone else in the future.