Mac Pro with more than 4GB of RAM, does it work now?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by keirnna, Jun 22, 2007.

1. keirnna

keirnna

Last time I messed around on the forums the Mac Pro wasn't working right with more than a few GB of RAM. Has that been resolved for 3.0? I am considering the upgrade, but I want to know that if I get a Mac Pro and throw in 16GB of RAM it will support my VM.

2. Relan

Relan Parallels Developers

Yes, Parallels works on Macs with more than 4GB of RAM. But note that one VM can not use more than 1.5GB.

3. mmischke

mmischke

16 GB?!!? One thing that's surely supported is the envy of many of us here in these forums. :)

4. keirnna

keirnna

Well I mean 16GB is the maximum I could put in there, so I don't want to buy something that won't support my dreams! Don't worry I have a wife that I am sure will end my computer buying fun!

5. mmischke

mmischke

Makes sense. Tomorrow's 16 GB is probably no different than today's 2 GB, esp. when 64-bit OSs & apps really start to take off.

Ah, yes. The domestic purchasing gauntlet. :) When we bought our first house, my wife insisted that I get on a twelve step program for technology addiction...

6. keirnna

keirnna

With 16GB I also will be able to get rid of all of my other computers because I can literaly run every system I want simultaniously from one machine.