Mac Starts Immediately into Vista Installation

agent412

Bit poster
I installed Parallels on Mac, went to Boot Camp Utility to install Vista and then when I begin the install, I cannot get passed the "Where do you want to install Windows?" screen. It states that "Windows cannot be installed in this hard disc space. Windows must be installed to a partition formatted as NTFS." Two questions:
1) How do I reformat the partion to NTFS?
2) How can I get back to my Mac screen if the start up goes immediately to Windows?

I have tried to call the help line, which I paid for, and after waiting 15 minutes two times, the line was disconnected twice.

Thanks for anyones help.
 
This is more of a boot-camp qustion then a Parallels question, so I would direct your question here: http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=237


Be careful about reformatting, if you format the wrong partition you will erase your copy of Mac OS.

To start off a different partition hold down option while you press the power button (you have to hold it until the menu shows up). This is assuming you are using a USB (or laptop) keyboard. I'm not sure how to do it with a bluetooth (wireless) keyboard.
 
Thanks for your help. i can now get to my Mac desktop by holding the option button down at the same time as depressing the power switch; however, I now have to do that every time I start my computer. Parallels is working; however, did I install Vista twice? The battery is dying quickly, leading me to believe I have made an error somewhere.
Thanks
 
Back
Top