Macbook Air / Parallels Tools

howiefish

Junior Member
Just upgraded to 5600 on Macbook Air, trying to install Parallels Tools & I get a message that there must be at least one cd/dvd drive in my configuration. Mac book Air has no drive, Any idea how to get around this?
 
Last edited:
I am having exactly this same problem on my MacBook Air. I, too, just upgraded to 5600. Help! I keep having Parallels freeze while running Microsoft XP, due to a problem with the video memory -- no doubt related to the fact that I cannot update Parallel Tools due to the issue noted by howiefish.

Model Name: MacBook Air
Model Identifier: MacBookAir1,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 1.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 2 GB
Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Boot ROM Version: MBA11.00BB.B03
SMC Version: 1.23f9
 
Parallels Desktop -<Virtual Machine name>-Edit-Virtual Machine
Check is there any CD-DVD, if not add CD-DVD hardware, select use image file and select /Library/Parallels/Tools/vmtools.iso
Start VM
 
Back
Top