[Macbook pro 2015] Radeon videocard drivers not possible to install

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Justin4, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Justin4

Justin4 Bit poster

Issue: After installing Windows 7 in Parallel 10. I find out in device manager the videocard Radeon MX370 is not installed.
    I have download the official drivers (amd-catalyst-15.7-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit) from AMD and tried to install the drivers. It stopped the installation with an error.
    Impact: the graphic performance is really bad.

Need some usefull tips. Tx in advance!

Attached Files:

2. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Justin,
    Please try to re-install Parallels Tools by following the steps mentioned here http://kb.parallels.com/4841 & then try to re install the videocard MX370

3. Justin4

Justin4 Bit poster

Hello Support,

Thanks for your fast answer. I have followed your step. I manage to install the tools. In hardware devices all question mark are resolved. My videocard performance is growed from 1 to 7.2 in windows, but still slow browsing.
    I tried to install the original AMD drivers, but still no go. Any advise?

4. Dishant@Parallels

Hi again Justin,
    I see that you are experiencing slow browsing from your virtual machine. Did you try clearing up all the caches and cookies from your browser? If not then give it a try this time. You might also try the steps mentioned in this KB http://kb.parallels.com/8978 to check if it helps.

5. Justin4

Justin4 Bit poster

Hi Dishant,

Tx again :) My network connection is fine in the virtual machine. With slow browsing I mean for example, minimize the window, maximise and all kind of actions that you can do with a window. It start slow with some hicup then its fine when you give couple seconds the time. I think its the video card driver not fully using its power yet. (talking from my experience with windows in the past and vga cards). Hope you can help again. :)

6. Justin4

Justin4 Bit poster

FYI, I have choosen the optione " GAMING" purpose when I installed this virtual machine.

7. Dishant@Parallels

Hi,
    Got you this time. Lets see... If you have any third party anti virus installed then please uninstall it and have Kaspersky installed on your Windows (only if you want to use antivirus.) Third party anti-virus programs may block Parallels Tools and thus cause the system to malfunction and and attribute to slow performance.. Once this is done. Please make sure that all the settings that are mentioned here in this KB : http://kb.parallels.com/112091 are followed in your VM & Parallels Desktop configuration settings. After this try to shut down the virtual machine-->quit Parallels Desktop-->Restart your Mac and then check. Hopefully it should work.

8. Justin4

Justin4 Bit poster

Hi, tx again. I have followd your steps.
    I have uninstall avast. And shutdown the VM. Also in OSX. I restarted the macbook. Issue still occurs. Maybe this is the limit of VM software? Everything is clean install. The macbook is couple days new. Any idea?

9. Dishant@Parallels

Hi, thanks for getting back. Just try to reinstall Parallels Tools once again in the same way as you did last time because you have just uninstalled Avast and then shut down your Virtual Machine and quit Parallels Desktop and then restart your Mac and check once.