Macbook Pro Keyboard not working in Windows 10 in PD 10.4.0

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by BenS5, Jan 18, 2017.

1. BenS5

BenS5 Bit poster

My Windows 10 installation was working perfectly in Parallels 10.4.0.

Following recent automatic updates to the OS, I found that Windows was automatically set to Airplane mode and had locked out all Mac network folders within Windows. Finding no other solution I had reset Windows to the last working version. This all occurred on Tues 17 Jan.

My Windows now finding the network files, but my laptop keyboard now will not operate in Windows. My trackpad works and my USB mouse work. I have also tried a USB keyboard with no success.

I tried the following as set out in the support online:

1. Changing the configuration in the parallels tool settings for the keyboard
    2. Uninstalling the drivers in Device Manager
    3. Uninstalling and reinstalling Parallel Tools with the Windows Defender turned off.
    4. Checking the System registry and updating the following:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\i8042prt to 1 or 3

Screenshot of the Device Manager is attached.
    170118_Device Manager Screenshot.png

From Device Manager:
    A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Event log is showing an error loading keyboard.inf

Having run out of options please advise so I can try and resolve ASAP.

Parallels online support
    Also when trying to submit a support email, I have been notified that my support code is not correct even though this has been copied directly from my subscription page. Therefore not currently able to send a support request.

Many thanks

2. Hi, please try to add the following boot flag: devices.usb.keyboard=0

Also in order to check the issue with the submitting support request please check this KB article

3. BenS5

BenS5 Bit poster

4. BenS5

BenS5 Bit poster

Hi Maria,

Thank you for the response. There has been no change when I have added the boot flag. Keyboard is still not functional and no change to the Device Manager. Please also note the Event log is still logging the same error.

Also regarding logging the support request, I have read the article provided, but I cannot see anything specific when you are notified that your Service Code number is incorrect when filling out the form and therefore it locks you out of submitting a request. I have several places where I am told this number and have added this correctly. Based on that article the version of PD 10 I use still has email support until August 25 2017. Please advise if I am missing something?

Thanks