MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DeeDubb, Aug 17, 2007.

1. DeeDubb

DeeDubb Bit poster

The recent 'MacBook Pro Software Update 1.1' has really messed up Coherence mode in Parallels. If you use Parallels in OS Window or Full Screen mode, you have to click inside the window to capture the mouse. Well, before this update, Coherence mode just used the Mac mouse to do everything. But after the update Coherence mode does some funky stuff. If you go into coherence mode, but you try to use Mac apps on the same monitor, Parallels takes over and thinks that you meant to go into Parallels. But, you can only see the captured mouse when the mouse is over any app or taskbar in parallels. Which means you can't see the mouse until you can see it on the taskbar. Very annoying. Even worse, if you simply hover over the taskbar of the guest OS, then Parallels takes over and thinks you wanted it to capture your mouse. Extremely annoying.

I use Coherence mode almost exclusively, so these problems are extremely annoying. Has anyone else tested/experienced this?? I hope this is fixed immediately. Is there anything i can do fix this? When will Parallels come out with an update to fix this?