Macbook Pro with 2nd monitor - how to set Graphics

ZbynekR

Bit poster
Hello,

I have Macbook Pro 15 Retina with El Capitan and Parallels Desktop 11 with Windows 10. I have 2nd monitor Dell U2713HM. Dell is the main monitor. If I set Graphics - Retina Resolution to Scaled, Parallels windows (I use coherence mode) look fine on the Dell but don't on the Macbook display (the text and everything is blurred a bit). If I set Best for Retina, it looks fine on Macbook but not on Dell (blurred).
I've tried the same configuration on my second Macbook Pro 15 Early 2011 without Retina and it is the same - it is fine on my Dell and not on the Macbook display.
How should I configure the Parallels to have windows fine on both displays?

Thanks,
Zbynek
 
It didn't help me. Everything is fine on my Dell monitor, but it doesn't look nice on my Macbook Retina. You can see a screenshots (first one from Dell, second one from the Macbook).
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 14.14.16.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 14.11.50.png
 
I think I found a solution. I don't know why, but when I set Scaled it sets the size of text, apps and other items to 125% on the second display (on Macbook Retina). If I manually set it to 100% it looks nice again.
 
Hello ZbynekR, Glad you found the solution for the display resolution. Basically screen resolution in Parallels Desktop virtual machines is controlled by the Dynamic Resolution feature which is provided by Parallels Tools.
When you resize the virtual machine's window by dragging its lower right corner, Guest OS window resolution changes automatically.
When the virtual machine runs in Full Screen view mode, the Dynamic Resolution automatically adjusts guest OS screen resolution to match Mac native screen resolution. You may also check out this article to know more about how it disable dynamic resolution.
 
Back
Top