macOS VM keyboard and trackpad not working after VM paused

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by VinnyC, Jun 7, 2019.

1. VinnyC

VinnyC Bit poster

Hardware: On iMac Pro with 'Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad' and 'Magic Trackpad 2'.
    Both host and VM are macOS 10.14.5 using 'Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Home Edition Version 14.1.3 (45485).

Everything works fine until the VM enters Paused mode.

I work on other (non
    Parallels apps) for a while and the VM enters "Paused ||" mode. When I wake the VM from "Paused" mode, I am unable to establish any keyboard or trackpad focus in the VM. The keyboard and trackpad work fine outside of the Parallels VM window but as I move the cursor over the Parallels VM window the cursor disappears and no keyboard focus can be established in the Parallels VM window.

This does not happen if I MANUALLY enter VM PAUSED mode via the Actions -> Pause menu command.

I found no way to re-gain access to the keyboard or trackpad. I have to STOP the VM and re-boot.

This happens 100% of the time and never happens with my Windows or Linux VMs.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. NaomiB

NaomiB Bit poster

I can regain access to my trackpad if I press control alt but I have to do it EVERY TIME. Is there a setting I need to engage to make my trackpad work in VM Mojave?

3. DavidS134

DavidS134 Bit poster

I am experiencing the same issue as VinnyC. Has anyone found a solution to this issue?