MAJOR BUG: Folder gets hidden in OSX

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by joco, Oct 5, 2007.

1. joco

joco Member

I saw a post on this topic but it was not answered.

I have a Parallels shared folder (a OSX folder that I access in Parallels) however the folder keeps getting hidden in OSX. I can see it in Windows (Parallels) but not in OSX.

This is a MAJOR BUG please advise.

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Really? Can you give me a step by step of your procedure so I can try and replicate it?

3. tjschuh

tjschuh Bit poster

Shared Folder hidden in OSX

I have run into the same problem. Something appears to have damaged the OSX partition structure. After restoring from backup I can see the shared folder in the Finder but the Apple backup program will no longer back up the partition the shared folder is in. It's message states that there is nothing to back up. All of this workded up until a few days ago after installing the 5160 update.

4. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

So it is directly associated with Build 5160? Can you repair the file structure with, say, DiskWarrior?

5. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

please post the path as seen from windows

Hugh W

6. tjschuh

tjschuh Bit poster

Hidden Files

The problem started with 5160. In another forum topic several people have reported the same problem. I do not have any software to fix the problem. Called Apple Care and they did not have any suggestion -- they didn't have anything in their database that would help.

7. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

this is a web page in mine with links to my websites and lists and boards I moderate

windows

file://///.PSF/Mac%20desktop/shared%20winxp%20mac%20os/Aaaa_start_page2.htm

the same file seeen in mac os

file:///Users/hughw36/Desktop/shared%20winxp%20mac%20os/Aaaa_start_page2.htm

you must enter the file system through a user name

it pays to log on to the mac or to windows on start up to give better security from children and casual users of your machine

BTW Aaaa_start_page2.htm is a static page with links but not on the web

oiginally created in Netscape Composer
    emailed to myself as an attachment in google mail
    so I have private access to it anywhere

Hugh W

8. griffdb

griffdb Member