I'm a new user of PD9, having recently moved over from years running Fusion. I'm now thinking this is a mistake, first I have the "Not Responding" bug, where the VM process shows in red as not responding in activity monitor. I logged a helpdesk call with Parallels, only to be asked to re-install Parallels several times and with different processes. They then told me the only way to fix the issue is for them to remote access my MacBook to fix, something that I'm not at all comfortable about. Support suggested that the issue is cosmetic, so I decided to see if I could live with it for a while.
Every since, I've seen inexplicable CPU usage by the core VM process, beyond what I would expect for my Virtual Machine that largely is idle (my main use is outlook, in full screen mode, also window mode from time to time). I've taken the liberty of grabbing a few screen shots, see PDF file attached. A re-boot of my MacBook Air (2012 SSD) clears the problem for an hour or so, then my fans start and I know that my VM is once again having issues.
I never once had this type of issue with Fusion.
Can anyone recommend some options, I've even built a fresh Windows VM and see the same thing on two different virtual machines. I've also tried the change boot device as per knowledge base, however didn't see the CPU issue during boot.
My only thought now is to submit a refund request and move back to Fusion.
PS - The attach file option is not working, just see the File Upload Manager in an additional Chrome window, can't click anything & have a progress wheel in the top right hand corner that repeats. Here are the images posted a separate objects instead:



Every since, I've seen inexplicable CPU usage by the core VM process, beyond what I would expect for my Virtual Machine that largely is idle (my main use is outlook, in full screen mode, also window mode from time to time). I've taken the liberty of grabbing a few screen shots, see PDF file attached. A re-boot of my MacBook Air (2012 SSD) clears the problem for an hour or so, then my fans start and I know that my VM is once again having issues.
I never once had this type of issue with Fusion.
Can anyone recommend some options, I've even built a fresh Windows VM and see the same thing on two different virtual machines. I've also tried the change boot device as per knowledge base, however didn't see the CPU issue during boot.
My only thought now is to submit a refund request and move back to Fusion.
PS - The attach file option is not working, just see the File Upload Manager in an additional Chrome window, can't click anything & have a progress wheel in the top right hand corner that repeats. Here are the images posted a separate objects instead:


Last edited:
