I upgraded to Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) and noticed that Parallels seems to be damaged (Parallels Desktop 4).
I figured I'd uninstall & re-install -- but the uninstaller tells me Parallels is not installed. I figure I should fully un-install & re-install, but I don't seem to be able to do either.
I've searched forums for how to manually uninstall Parallels but the articles I am finding refer to old versions with references to directories and files that are not used in Parallels 4.0 (which is sad since they actually did mention everything Parallels would have added to the system). I found one knowledge base article for Parallels Desktop 4.0 and references an uninstall shell script, but running that complains of several missing components and then ends without actually uninstalling anything:
At this point I think I'd prefer to just manually uninstall everything.
Is it possible to get a complete list of every directory, file, etc. that Parallels Desktop 4.0 would have added to my Mac so that I can just manually delete them to ensure I have completely removed everything?
I figured I'd uninstall & re-install -- but the uninstaller tells me Parallels is not installed. I figure I should fully un-install & re-install, but I don't seem to be able to do either.
I've searched forums for how to manually uninstall Parallels but the articles I am finding refer to old versions with references to directories and files that are not used in Parallels 4.0 (which is sad since they actually did mention everything Parallels would have added to the system). I found one knowledge base article for Parallels Desktop 4.0 and references an uninstall shell script, but running that complains of several missing components and then ends without actually uninstalling anything:
timsmbp:~ tim$ sudo /Library/Parallels/Parallels\ Service.app/Contents/Resources/Uninstaller.sh desktop vitools gtools
WARNING: Improper use of the sudo command could lead to data loss
or the deletion of important system files. Please double-check your
typing when using sudo. Type "man sudo" for more information.
To proceed, enter your password, or type Ctrl-C to abort.
Password:
launchctl: Couldn't stat("/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.parallels.vm.prl_fsd.plist"): No such file or directory
nothing found to unload
[UN_OP]:Removing Guest OS Tools [UN_MSG]:Removing Guest OS Tools
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools Audio.pkg' is not found
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools Video.pkg' is not found
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools TimeSync.pkg' is not found
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools HostTime.pkg' is not found
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools Shared Folders.pkg' is not found
Reciepts for package 'Parallels Tools ToolGate for Mac OS X 10.5.pkg' is not found
[UN_PERCENT]:98[UN_OP]ostuninstall Operations[UN_MSG]
erforming Postuninstall Operations
[UN_PERCENT]:100[UN_OP]:Uninstall successfull[UN_MSG]:Removed successfully
timsmbp:~ tim$
At this point I think I'd prefer to just manually uninstall everything.
Is it possible to get a complete list of every directory, file, etc. that Parallels Desktop 4.0 would have added to my Mac so that I can just manually delete them to ensure I have completely removed everything?